Image Map

Thursday, September 15, 2016

A Little Touch of Fall

It doesn't feel like fall in the least since we are still hitting in the 90's every day. This is very unusual for East Tennessee. However the temperature outdoors I am beginning to add a touch to the indoors.

I picked up some new drapes at World Market that have beautiful autumn colors. I (don't hate me since I am a Vols fan) really have orange as my least favorite color. I dislike it. I don't incorporate it into my home or my wardrobe. I am amazed that these drapes made it into my dining room. The orange is contrasted with aqua which is one of my favorite colors so maybe that is the reason!

The drapes will stay until time for Christmas decor. But for now, fall is arriving!

I added a beautiful table runner I found at TJMaxx. It is perfect for bringing the colors across the room. By adding some silk flowers to the dining table inside the aqua colored vase it is a welcome change to the spring and summer decor.

Our dining room is open concept with the living room and kitchen. I am happy that it serves our family daily and isn't a seldom used space. Excuse the table setting--we are empty nesters so only two place settings are needed.

I was able to dry a few of the hydrangeas this summer. It is interesting the different tones that arrive after they dry. The darkest orange ones are my limelight blossoms. It was only planted about a month ago so I don't know if that is the reason or if the 90 degree days have taken a hit on them. I may purchase some cut hydrangeas at the grocery to dry a few more.



I pulled the RaeDunn mugs that have a somewhat fall or Thanksgiving theme. But, ya'll, this temperature is ruining my craving of Pumpkin Spice Lattes!

I have the ingredients in the pantry just waiting on a temperature drop! Can't wait!


This fall I am enjoying the new white painted cabinets and hardwood installed floors!

Yes, it is fall ya'll!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment