Image Map

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A Slight Change with ChalkPaint

I am new at the chalk paint trend. But I am finding it is wonderful! Lose the prime, paint, paint, protect, etc.

I wanted some decor items beside the china hutch in the dining room. Definitely not the candle sconces I have used in the past. So...a trip to Hobby Lobby in search for the perfect pair. I walked. I searched. I meandered. Nothing seemed right. It was the wrong color or the wrong size (or maybe the wrong price for my "slight change".

I finally found what I thought would work but the aged green did NOT suit me. I was looking for dark.




The center was just about perfect. I laid our my tarp and picked up the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Graphite that I had used for my kitchen project.




I did use two coats to cover the places I missed on the first coat. (I am an impatient painter).

The before of the dining area:


And the after:




The shadows it creates on the wall behind makes it look distorted!

Mr. Spouse just noticed them last night. HUMMM--they have been up for a couple of months. I guess that means that they don't look absolutely terrible!


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jeanne and thank you so much for your sweet visit. Oh, I love your pretty chalk painted pieces and they do look wonderful in your dining room. Can you believe I've never used chalk paint? I'd love to see your little Schnauzer, aren't they just little dolls?
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete