Image Map

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Just call me Goldilocks

You know the story--Goldilocks was a perfectionist. Striving for just the right of everything.

That's what I felt like with this simple, simple project.

Step 1: find a window type frame. Hobby Lobby to the rescue on that one.


It was the 50% off on mirrors and wood products so the price was "just right" for my mind and pocketbook. However, I really wanted a white aged appearance. That could be easily done because I had a small jar of Annie Sloan chalk paint.



I thought a little "dry brush" technique would be the right touch. Well...just Goldilocks (me) thought it looked too "farm aged" for my living room. 

Surely a second coat would solve that issue. Take the mirror down. Tape it off...again.



This time the finish suited me--just not the color. It appeared too yellow to use with the white ironware pitchers and vases. GRRRR.

Back to Hobby Lobby. I didn't want to get another jar of Annie Sloan because of the $$$. I wandered through the paint section and found a chalk paint there. I am sure it isn't the quality of Annie Sloan but this is just a frame. It isn't a piece of furniture or I would have bought AS. I used the 40% off coupon and it came to around $4. 





This is the third time I have taped the frame.

Third time I have painted it.

Three Bears. Three paint tries.





I found the shelf at HomeGoods/TJMaxx and the white matches the shade of the flowery hooks. I am not through styling the shelf. But at least...I think it is "just right".

Do you ever feel like a character in a book? Just saying...I am a teacher!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment